Recent advances in networks, information and computation grids, and WWW have resulted in the proliferation of a multitude of physically distributed and autonomously developed Web services. Consequently, the construction and deployment of composite services by effectively combining and reusing independently developed component services has emerged as an important problem in building the next generation Web-based computing infrastructure to provide IT capabilities in businesses as well as scientific research. In addition, since software processes need to change to adjust with respect to changing computing and business environments, adaptability of processes is also a key requirement.
Towards this end, this workshop aims to bring researchers and practitioners from different domains with varying research background and building a knowledge-base cutting across the fields of distributed computing and middleware, software service com, artificial intelligence and formal methods to effectively address problems related to Web service composition and adaptation. Specific topics of interest include:
- Model-based service composition
- Static and dynamic service composition
- Reuse in service composition: compatibility and substitutability
- Adaptation and Evolution of services and processes
- Formal methods in service composition
- Verification of service composition
- Fault tolerant service composition
- Optimization in service composition and service/process adaptation
- Ontology-based approaches to service composition
- Secure service composition
- Elicitation and modeling of functional and non-functional requirements in service composition
- Comparing and ranking of alternative solutions in service composition
- Software infrastructure for service composition
- Case studies, and applications (e.g., in e-science and scientific workflows)
- Dr. Paolo Traverso to give a keynote talk on Composing and Adapting Services: The Task-Centric Versus the User-Centric Approach (Posted on 05/28/2007).
- Preliminary workshop program is available now (Posted on: 05/09/2007).
- The list of accepted papers can be found here (Posted on: 05/04/2007).
- Camera-Ready submission deadline has been extended till 8th May, 2007 (Posted on: 05/04/2007).
- Paper submission notifications have been sent out to the corresponding authors (Posted on: 04/25/2007).
- Paper submission deadline extended till 03/23/07 (Posted on: 03/10/07).
- Paper submission site is open now (Posted on: 02/02/07).
- Preliminary call for papers announced (Posted on: 01/19/07).
- The WSCA-2007 website is online (Posted on: 01/18/07).